Well, last night's game went just about the way we all figured, right?
On to the news:
- Look for Vikings RB Adrian Peterson to miss Sunday's game due to a high ankle sprain. Peterson is in a walking boot and will reportedly try to practice Friday, but his chances of playing this week are remote. Toby Gerhart projects to get most of the carries in Peterson's absence, and should be a free-agent target even though he's playing against the Falcons' second-ranked rushing defense. Head coach Leslie Frazier noted Monday that WR Percy Harvin, who carried five times for 21 yards against the Raiders, will be called on to help out as well. The Vikings want to get Harvin the ball more often, and Peterson's injury has given them the opportunity to be more creative about how they do that. If you own Harvin, his value just improved.
- Jay Cutler's broken thumb will keep him out until at least the end of the regular season, and you should cut him now if you haven't already. Backup Caleb Hanie takes over at quarterback for the Bears, and while he doesn't seem like a disaster waiting to happen, he'll probably be more of a game manager than playmaker. Hanie is a low-end fantasy option this week, even against a soft Raiders' pass defense.
- One more Bears note: Cutler LOVED throwing to WR Earl Bennnett. The same might not be true for Hanie, and if you own Bennett, look for his fantasy impact to decline.
- Remember to set your lineups early due to the Thanksgiving Day schedule: Packers-Lions, Dolphins-Cowboys and 49ers-Ravens. Remember a couple of years ago, when people were screaming that America shouldn't be forced to watch the terrible Lions every year on Turkey Day? That game is going to be a shootout.
- Raiders head coach Hue Jackson says RB Darren McFadden (foot) won't return until he's completely healthy. With the way Michael Bush has been running, I wouldn't rush McFadden back, either. If McFadden isn't on the practice field Wednesday, he probably won't play Sunday. Don't count on him.
- Texans WR Andre Johnson is expected to return this week after a six-week absence, but what should we expect with Matt Leinart throwing passes in place of the injured Matt Schaub? They'll continue to be the most run-heavy team in the league, so don't expect miracles from Leinart, who should rank among fantasy's bottom eight QBs until he proves otherwise. Also, even bad quarterbacks - which Leinart may not be - have to complete some passes, so Johnson's owners shouldn't panic.
- Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey suffered a concussion on Sunday, and his status for Week 12 is TBD.
- Speaking of concussions, some people thought Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski might have suffered one on one of his TD catches last night, but he did return to the game afterwards. Let's keep an eye on Gronk this week.
- The Giants aren't yet sure if RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) will return to practice this week, but it sounds like they'll play it safe with him. I wouldn't expect to see him Monday night.
- If James' Starks' sprained knee keeps him out of Thursday's game, Ryan Grant will get more carries than usual against the Lions' soft run defense. Starks' status is up in the air, and we should know more later today.
- Browns RB Peyton Hillis (hamstring) will be out again this week, while we'll have to wait and see again on Montario Hardesty (calf). It looks like The Chris Ogbonnaya Experience will have its run extended.
- Lions RB Jahvid Best (concussion) didn't practice Monday, and is unlikely to return against the Packers. When I was a teenager, we used to sleep out on sidewalks overnight to get good tickets to concerts. I feel like that's what people are doing at their local fantasy free-agent wires to get Kevin Smith this week. I don't blame them, though they should keep in mind that every team isn't as horrible at defending the run as the Panthers are.
- The Titans seem to think that QB Matt Hasselbeck (forearm) will be ready to go on Sunday.
- Philly.com reports that Michael Vick will start for the Eagles this week "if he's healthy," which is pretty vague and unhelpful. WR Jeremy Maclin (shoulder, hamstring) is still questionable, while fellow wideout DeSean Jackson is dealing with a bruised foot that doesn't sound serious. If Vick can't play, I'm wondering if Vince Young might run a little more in his second start.
- The Colts say there's a "possibility" that RB Joseph Addai will play this week. Since the Panthers can't stop the run, Donald Brown looks like an interesting free-agent pickup. He's been getting the ball more than Delone Carter lately, and could have a strong game.
- Thanks to the Chiefs for turning their backfield into a full-fledged committee. Fantasy owners love uncertainty.
- I like this column about Cam Newton and the towel on his head.
- Bills RB Fred Jackson is suffering from a bruised right calf, and might miss some practice time this week. Read head coach Chan Gailey's quotes in this Buffalo News story, and let's agree to keep an eye on Jackson this week.
- From Julio Jones' Twitter account yesterday: "I don't know if I'll be playing this weekend but I'm working everyday so keep praying for me." We will, Julio.
- We won't know who's starting at quarterback for the Cardinals until later in the week. I'm glad I traded for Kevin Kolb a month ago. He's been a huge help.
- Joel Beall will be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET, and I'll make my weekly appearance Wednesday (not the usual Thursday) at the same time. See you there!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'll be back here Friday morning with another entry.